Friday, June 20, 2008

Last One!

Gotta make this quick, like a band-aid. 

My last bet post on . . . the Red Wings.

Things that are great about the Red Wings:
  • They are a great blessing to the Swedish Olympic Hockey Team. 
  • Their Red and White colors remind me of my elementary school days.  Go Eden Warriors!
  • They have been innovative in their ways to celebrate with invertebrates.  (By the way, anyone who can explain the origins of the octopi on the ice thing would be my hero.)
  • They have brought much joy to the city of Detroit, winning 10 Stanley Cups and 4 in the last 10 years alone.
  • I'm coming up empty.  Maybe come to me in a few months when the wound is a little less fresh and I'll have some more.
Brad insists on editing this post, as he said there were some "inappropriate" comments in the last one (i.e. Chris Webber).  Sorry to all my Pittsburgh readers.  Remember it was a bet! :-)

1 comment:

Chris Preksta said...

Years ago it used to only take 8 playoff/finals wins to take home the Stanley Cup. One octopus arm for each necessary win.