Monday, June 9, 2008

Ante Up

So, it seems as if the Red Wings have won the Stanley Cup.  They played a great series.  They were tough.  They earned it.

But I'm still sad.  

Contrary to any rumors that I heard about, I was rooting for the Pens, although I have to say I'm thrilled that Detroit gets some good news these days.

As a result of the Penguins' loss, I must uphold my end of the Leach Family wager . . . write 5 different blog posts about how great the different Detroit sports teams are.  Because I'd want Brad to be gracious if he lost (and watch Pride & Prejudice with an open-mind) I'm going to try and do this as honestly as possible.

I'm starting with the easiest for me . . . the Pistons.

I can honestly and quickly pursue being a Pistons fan without any divided loyalties.  And after my first official game, I have to say I'm hooked.  Here are some reasons why:
  • I really like their team colors.  Bright blue and red.  Classy.
  • They are my husband's favorite and I'm finding it's really great for our marriage when we're cheering for the same team. :-)
  • They give you Thundersticks when you go to a game for free.  Who knew how much fun it could be to hit two plastic wands together?
  • They have really fun cheers when you are there.  Deeeeee-troit . . . Basket-ball!!!!
  • They are good with really passionate fans.  I have great respect for passionate fans.
I could go on, but Brad, is this good enough? :-) The week will only go uphill from here . . . :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babe, this is great! Looking forward to the rest of them:) And many more Pistons championships during our life together.