Thursday, June 12, 2008

How 'Bout Dem Lions

So I'm a little behind on the bet blogging.  Sorry Brad.

For my second choice, I am going to choose to write about the Lions.  It may come as a surprise to some that the Lions would be my second easiest team to write about (being the Steelers' fan that I am), but I've always had a thing for underdogs and I think it's pretty safe to say that the Lions are underdogs.

Here's some things that I think are great about the Lions:

  • At the risk of being condemned for being repetitive, I like their team colors.  
  • They think outside of the box, keeping people on their toes.  For example, who would've ever thought the Lions would choose Gosder Cherilus for their first round draft pick?  Pretty sure no one.  Crazy Lions.
  • Their fans are a dichotomy of intense despair and hope.  They manage to pack out their games despite their previous records and histories.  And yet no matter what, there's still that little glimmer that, "There's always next year."
  • They hosted the Super Bowl where the Steelers won.
  • Jerome Bettis was probably a fan of the Lions at some time in his life.  
I really do hope the Lions have a good year and bring great joy to the city.  Now if they ever meet with the Steelers, well, I just won't go there in this post.

No comments: