Saturday, April 21, 2007

Snow Samantha

This weekend was such a treat! My youngest sister, Samantha, had a leading role in the Children's Theatre production at her school, Grove City College (my Alma Mater, too!). She played the role of Snow White in the show called, Mother Goose, Incorporated, a playful comedy where Snow White is actually a bratty diva, a part that was certainly a stretch for Samantha's usual personality, but one that she played brilliantly.

I wish I could figure out how to upload a video file to this so that you could hear the incredible voice of my sister. Sure, I am a little biased in my review, but truly, the girl blew me away! If we get it up on You Tube, I'll post a link.

I am so proud of the way that she handled this role, but I'm even more proud of the way that she has handled the years up until now. I have watched Samantha persevere through disappointment after disappointment in previous auditions, many times when the final casting decisions just didn't even make any sense. Through it all, however, she trusted in God's leading, letting Him form her character in a way that's even more beautiful than her voice and pretty face. What a joy it was watching everyone else recognize it, too. :-)

Here are a few more pics, of Samantha and her adoring fans, including my other sister, Ashley, and brother-in-law Nate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at Sa - all grown up! Oh, I wish I could have seen it - I'm sure it was fabulous.