Monday, January 1, 2007

Venting

It's the new year and a great time to reflect, vision, look ahead, and blog about all those profound revelations that occur as a result. I'm sure I will try to do that at some point soon, but before I venture forth in such a post, I feel I must get some less profound, yet still important thoughts out on the table. Ok, so maybe important is a bit of an overstatement.

In honor of Bowl Week and the end of the NFL regular season, I thought it would be good to offer a few observations. It'll make me feel better, anyway.

The NFL . . . I'm not even going to get into the lopsided match up of the AFC vs. the NFC. It's not even worth arguing. And I'm trying not to think about the fact that if the Steelers had won just one more game, we would be the rightful wild card once again. (It is very noble of them, however to step back and let some other teams get a chance to try to play football.)

I would like to give some major props to the teams that played with heart yesterday even when the playoffs weren't on the line for them any more. Yay to the Lions, 49ers, Steelers (of course), and the legendary Brett Favre and Green Bay. How much do you love that guy?!?

And finally, I would like to step out and make an admittedly wild prediction for the Super Bowl this year: San Diego Chargers vs. NY Giants. Yep, I know it's crazy, but I've liked the Giants since preseason. If not the Giants, I'm going w/ Chicago. Chargers are going to win.

And for those of you who like football because of the football parties that result, I wanted to include a link to a great recipe perfect for football parties throughout this next week and month. Taco Cornbread Pizza. It's really easy, very tasty, and able to be eaten w/ just your hands while you watch the games. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for letting me vent. Now to some of those 2007 goals, plans, life vision and mission . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that coming out on the internet and admitting to everyone your love for Mr. Farve (aka the future Mr. Leah Edwards) was a great move. You could even say you "pulled a Farve". I'd rate it strong... to very strong.


The Uniblogger
Parts Unknown

kim said...

Negative on the Lions, Leah...go EAGLES!