Friday, January 19, 2007

Dancing Popcorn and Cokes

Yep, it's been a long time since I last wrote. I just tried to get through all my regular blog reads and I was doing pretty well until I got to Batterson's blog, and then I just couldn't catch up. This past week has just been one of those weeks when the worlds of school, work, and everything else came crashing together in one crazy altercation that clearly pushed the blogging world and the exercise world out of orbit. I hope to get them back in the regular rotation soon, as I know they serve to add a lot of balance and health to my world.

Speaking of balance, I'm going to try and go get some sleep in the balance. I just thought I'd do a quick sign in and let the blogging world know I'm still here and I'll post more soon. In the meantime, I'd just like to say that although I can't prove it yet, I'm pretty sure that the designers of Spider Solitaire somehow worked subliminal, addictive messages into their game that draws people in to play "just one more game" when they really shouldn't. Kind of like those pictures of dancing popcorn, hot dogs, and cokes in the middle of movie previews that made people storm the concession stands. Sneaky Spider Solitaire people.

2 comments:

the.comic.relief said...

haha, i think you're right. you finish the game, fully intending to get up and go do something of relevance, and all of a sudden you're clicking "play again" for some unknown reason. i think the president should be informed. its all a conspiracy!...
p.s. this is the little girl you taught "when she was THIIIS little" and whose mom now works for your dad.
figured it out yet?

Leah said...

My dear little friend, Abbie?!? I'm so proud of you for growing up and becoming such a woman of God who loves to play Spider Solitaire. You owe it all to 4 year old class, don't you? ;-) Truly, I am so proud of you and blessed by you. Thanks for posting!