Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We're Going Camping Now

Been spending these last few days at the OH District Family Camp where my husband and father-in-law are the main speakers.  The wireless has been pretty spotty so I'll try and post this while the sun is shining and the wind is blowing this way.  

I have to say that I've never been too much of a camper, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  When we pulled up, all I could see were tents and a giant teepee.  I gave Brad the look that says, "What have you gotten me into?!?"  He calmed me down and told me we would be staying in a lodge and I have to say our lodge has exceeded my expectations. :-)

Besides that, I have been so blessed to listen to Brad and Dad preach each day.  God is using them in mighty ways and it's doing some mighty work in His Kingdom.  I think it was Brad's preaching that first captured my heart, so I always love the opportunity to do that even more. 

We should return in time for the 4th of July, just in time to welcome my sister Samantha for a year-long worship internship at our church!  How happy is Leah?!? :-)

P.S. - Bonus points to the person who can reference the Title of this post. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh "we're going camping now, we're on our way..." It's Psalty! I knew I spent 3 summers as a camp counselor as a reason!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Dangit. I'm too late. The one thing I remember from my childhood and Sunshine gets it before me.
Ouch.

Megan said...

We're gonna climb up a mountain..and run and jump and play...

I'm bummed Sunshine beat me to it!

Didn't you have a part in that play back in the day?!!!

Aaron said...

we're going camping now we're on our way. We're gonna climb up the mountain and run, and jump, and play. And as we hike along we're gonna sing "hallelujah to the King"!

Gotta love it! Now that we've done that how about a little Colby!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic about Samantha coming!! What a blessing and how fun!! Shoot me an email or call, I would love to hear what she will be doing. I miss you!