Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Updates

A few updates on life these past few days . . .
  • I've been doing a quick crash course on trigonometry.  No, I have not reached a new level of boredom.  I've been going through a process to pursue a part-time teaching opportunity with the Kaplan Company.  It's been a fairly extensive process so far, but as of Monday I had the go-ahead to start training for a position this Saturday.  Training will continue through the month, but if I pass, I will be able to start teaching classes on ACT preparation (thus my review of Trig).  I actually had to take the ACTs again because it's been more than 5 years since I last took them.  Yikes!  Crazy.  After a lot of prayer for next steps it's been neat to see how God's been putting this opportunity together.  We'll see how things continue to go . . .
  • I am on the "S's" for my thank yous.  Yay!  I decided that I'm like Seabiscuit, the racing horse.  I need another horse in front of me to spur me on to race faster.  In this case, that other horse is training for a job and trying to sell a house.  I still am so ashamed that it's taken this long to write these.  I must learn for the future . . .
  • The learning curve of cooking has leveled out a bit since my last post.  I'm actually even enjoying it.  I learned, however, that you can never be too confident in your abilities, lest you quickly slip and fall.  At a leadership gathering on Sunday night, I proudly took my dessert that I tried for the first time . . . raspberry pie.  I have to say, it looked beautiful and I was really excited for how it would be received.  Imagine my horror when I looked over at the man across from me about to bite into my pie when I saw that I forgot to bake the crust!!!  Pure dough.  Beautiful raspberries and filling piled on top of pure dough.  Turned out to be some humble pie for me.
Sorry for the irregular postings, but thought you might enjoy the quick catch-up. :-)

No comments: