Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confessions

This Saturday will be my six month anniversary.  So happy.  I'm sure I'll blog more about that later.

But before I do, I have a confession to make.  

I'm getting ready.

I'm so ashamed.

I should just do it.

My name is Leah Edwards Leach and I have not yet finished writing my wedding thank you cards!!!

So terrible.

Those of you who were gracious enough to bless us with a wedding gift whose last names are at the beginning of the alphabet are probably under the false impression that I was somewhat "on-the-ball" with the matter.  Those of you at the end of the alphabet know how bad it is.

The really sad part is that we are genuinely thankful.  Incredibly thankful and hugely blessed.  So why is it that when it comes to actually writing that out in these thank you cards it sucks the air out of the balloon?   Writing these cards has become the dark cloud on the horizon of my life. There's something about making thank yous obligatory and expected that takes all the joy out of it.  Does anyone know any way to combat this?

In the meantime, know that if you're at the end of the alphabet, I truly am thankful and your card is coming to express the thoughts once again (I'm sure you'll be waiting at the mailbox with baited breath).  

1 comment:

jamiecbass said...

Thank you notes are my life and I so know what you are saying. I am forever writing them and never caught up. I hate writing them too - so much, but I do really want people to know I am thankful. In our position it is so important to. One thing that I did around holidays was make my cards on the computer and type out responses. On so many you write the same thing that it cuts out a lot of time, and if you put current pictures on it sometimes that is just as good as a handwritten note. But the best cure for the thank you note blues is just putting some in the mail. Sorry kid, but you don't have to send us one if it makes you feel any better. Sebastian CHECK MARK!