Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home away from Home

It's weird having a home in two places.

My cousin is getting married this weekend and I was able to leave a few days early and spend some more time back in the 'Burgh.  I've been amazed at how quickly my new life and new home have become normal for me, but there's something about coming home that is unlike anything else.

Driving back on my old streets, seeing how much has changed and yet how much is exactly the same . . . it almost feels like I've walked back into a dream of a life long ago.  It's a very happy thing, just kind of surreal at times.  

It was a really tangible reminder that I should always have my feet in two homes.  One is planted in my Father's Heavenly Kingdom, learning what it means to value the things of His heart and live with Him.  Yet, there's still another foot here, in the place where He has me for as long as He tarries.  Learning to bring His home into our home here on Earth.  

Not even sure if this is making any sense right now, as it's hard to put a lot of these thoughts into words.  I thought I'd give it the ole college try, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Leah, I understand about going home even though it isn't home anymore! There is something so special about going back to where you grew up. I love it and get so excited when I know I am coming back to Pittsburgh!