Saturday, January 24, 2009

Whew!!!!

What a week!  It's hard to even comprehend all the amazing gifts that God's blessed me with this week.  A quick recap:
  • 1 Year Anniversary - Brad planned a surprise getaway to Chicago right after church on Sunday.  He planned out all the little details (i.e. staying in a Hyatt b/c that's where we stayed on our honeymoon), fun presents, and made sure that we left in enough time so that we could still watch the Steeler game on Sunday night.  I felt so loved, honored, special and undeserving of the man God has given to me as my husband.  I would have found it hard to imagine how I could love him more now than I did on January 19, 2008, but somehow, it's true!
  • One For the Other Thumb? - The Steelers won.  Do I even need to say more?  Somehow, though, it seems like people in Detroit think that it's more important to cover a new President's inauguration rather than pre-Superbowl coverage.  Crazy Detroiters.
  • New Teaching Position - I have the opportunity through my job as an instructor with Kaplan, to work in one of the Detroit Public High Schools through the end of February to help prepare their students to take the ACT.  I didn't realize until this week that it would be 8 hrs. a day, 3 days a week, so it's been somewhat of a mind-shift to get back into that schedule in addition to the other teaching jobs I've been doing.  I really enjoy the challenge and opportunity, but find myself exhausted (and obviously behind on my blogging).  And, after the first day, I remembered why teachers don't often wear heels to school. :-)
  • Boppli's a SHE!!! - Early Thursday morning, Brad and I got to go and see some of the most recent pictures of little Boppli.  What an incredible experience and what an incredible surprise when we discovered she's a girl!!!!  For some reason, we were both pretty certain that Boppli was a boy.  The last few days have been filled with such delight as I imagine holding our baby girl in a few months and I even got our first little baby girl clothes last night.  So cute!  You can read Brad's thoughts here.
  • So rich . . . - Last night, we ended our exciting week with such a special and memorable time of celebration.  Brad had planned a night to bring back the members of our wedding party and ask them for wisdom, advice, and accountability as we journey into Year 2 of our marriage and larger family. :-) We enjoyed a time of prayer, worship, and beautiful insights as each person had something unique and special to share that God had given to them.  I truly felt so rich as I sat there last night surrounded by such tangible examples of God's faithfulness.  It's almost too much to comprehend.
So sorry for the delayed post to those of you who have been waiting to hear the Boppli news.  I'm going to try and scan some of her pictures and get them up soon!  She's beautiful. :-)

No comments: