Friday, December 19, 2008

Official Detroiter

I think I have mentioned before that I grew up in a family that was in the chocolate business.  I know.  Too bad I didn't truly realize how cool that was until I was older.  Anyway, I distinctly remember going to help out at the retail stores during the Christmas or Easter holidays, and even as a little girl, my dad taught me proper rules and etiquette of customer service.  Treat the customer with respect.  Welcome them, but don't hover about them.  Help them without pestering them.  Greet them with a smile.  Basic things, but simple things that can make a big difference.

Perhaps it was from these early lessons, but in the years since, I have become a customer service junkie.  Whenever I meet a company or business or associate that shows exemplary skills, I will be their biggest cheerleader and tell everyone I can about it.  Thanks to an AT&T associate named, Quiana, I am now a raving fan of AT&T's service.

On Monday, she spent about an hour with me, helping me activate an iPhone for Brad and gave me a temporary number for it so I could give it to him for Christmas.  I think she was almost as excited as me. 

Monday night, I lost my phone.  When I realized it wasn't coming back, I went back on Wednesday, and she immediately remembered my name, situation, and was concerned something happened with the surprise.  When I told her about the phone, she spent about another 45 minutes with me helping me look at possible plans and phone options.

I gave Brad his phone last night (I think I have a better idea of what a cute little boy he must've been when he received "Snake Eyes" for Christmas.  The man has a new toy and he is happy) and we went back to the store where Quiana again spent 1.5 hours with us (even staying after the store closed) to make sure we were completely set up and pleased with our choices.  We are even Facebook friends now.

All that to say, I am now a very happy AT&T customer, with a new phone (an LG Vu - I'm thinking of calling it Barbara after another "View" star) and a new Detroit phone number.  I guess it's now official that I am a Detroiter.

No comments: