Friday, December 5, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka!

So we're back from an incredible Thanksgiving vacation with Brad's family.  And, as you can see from the title of this post, we enjoyed a wonderful Hawaiian kickoff to the Christmas season!  It was a little strange seeing Christmas trees and wreaths adorned with fake snow in the middle of an 85 degree sandy beach (Santa ditches his suit, sleigh and reindeer in Hawaii for a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, a red canoe, and a team of dolphins), but it was a happy time nonetheless.  I feel incredibly blessed to have such an amazing new family to add to my already great family.  No words to convey my gratitude.

I'll include a few pictures of the whole family (Brad's mom and dad, sister, Betsy, and brother-in-law, Rob, and nephew, Robert - who is now about 13 months).  


In other news, Boppli (the gender neutral name that we're calling our baby until we come up for something more appropriate) seemed to really enjoy Hawaii, even deciding not to make me sick while we were there and letting me sleep a little more.  Isn't that the most thoughtful baby ever?!? :-) Boppli also started encouraging me to have some more, um interesting, tastes in food (including cherry Twizzlers and A-1 steak sauce, which I ate on potato chips).  These were always fulfilled nearly on demand by my caring father-in-law.  

Today is re-entry day which is always hard, but it's lots of fun seeing friends and family again and to be able to decorate for Christmas for the first time in my own home!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Brianna just informed me where the word 'boppli' comes from. I had no idea!!!

Looks like you had an awesome time in Hawaii. Hope you brought back some sun.