Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Best of Times . . . The Worst of Times

Ok, so maybe the "worst of times" is a bit hyperbolic, but anyone who has misplaced their cell phone knows how "worst of times" it can really be.  Seriously, if I try really hard, I can remember a time without cell phones, but I don't know how we functioned!  I continue to pray that it will show up, but I fear that my dear Samsung Alias may be lost forever.

On the best of times side of things . . . this morning, Brad and I got to hear little Boppli's heartbeat!  It was pretty amazing (no hyperbole used) . . . a really fast "swoosh swoosh" rather than the traditional "lub dub" that fully grown hearts seem to beat.  Doctor said that everything sounded great so we continue to thank Jesus for the gift of little Boppli and trust him/her in His care.

AND . . . as if the day couldn't get better after the heartbeat, I went to my e-mail and saw that what I thought to be my impossible dream has come true.  One of my all-time favorite stores, Bed, Bath, and Beyond (see prior post here), has indeed branched out to baby land and is opening a store not too far from me!  BuyBuy Baby is coming to Canton, MI, right by another Top 10 store, Ikea!  How happy is Leah.  And Boppli too.  Boppli told me so.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Heartbeat!!! Isn't is so awesome. Just wait til the ultra sound.

AND brie and I say Buy Buy Baby and were excited! FUN!