Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kick in the Teeth

So I went back to the gym yesterday.  Sadly to say first time in about 2 weeks.  

I took a pilates class (first one in about 3 weeks) and what was even worse than the "I'm going to throw up feeling" that I felt as my core was being turned inside out, was the lack of that feeling by anyone else in the room.  Seriously, this class was really hard and everyone seemed perfectly okay about the regimen that we were under.

Finally, the lady sitting behind me groaned at the apex of one of the hardest sets we were doing.  She groaned!  I was so happy!  A kindred spirit!  Someone else who understands that this was an unusual form of bodily torture.

I looked at her with a smile and said, "Wow, this class is really hard, isn't it?"

She looked back at me with a similar expression of anguish and said, "Yeah, I just don't have anything left in my legs because I just finished doing the two classes before this one, too."

Bubble of glee quickly deflated to bitter humiliation.  So much for finding camaraderie in the face of trials.

1 comment:

jamiecbass said...

man i wish we lived closer - i'd love to work out with you - and i know what you mean