Thursday, June 7, 2007

Gettin' Giggy Wit It

So, I'm down to almost a month out from KiDZ GiG, the VBS at our church. I'm really struggling these days trying to maintain a proper perspective on the whole thing. I find whenever I'm planning something like this, it's really easy for me to get caught up in the "loud," urgencies of the logistics of the event and to neglect responding to the quiet voice of the LORD. When I do neglect that, I start to see myself with a distorted vision. I either get overwhelmed with fear at the thought of failure and letting others down or I get swelled up with pride and ego, thinking I am responsible for any "wins" experienced. Either way, I lose.

God's really been challenging me to spend as much time in prayer for this event as I do on working through the logistics. Clearly both sides need to be accomplished and one cannot be sacrificed for the sake of the other. My prayer is to maintain Mary's heart as I Martha through the next few weeks, doing the planning side with excellence as unto the LORD, without "getting distracted" with all the details of what has to be done. That would truly be a win.

No comments: