Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nice Try


So I was reading Sports Illustrated the other day and I saw these pictures next to a small article explaining what these people are doing. They're playing a game called Feetball. From the best that I can tell, it's a similar theme as volleyball with the exception that you cannot use your hands.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought, too.

I really think they need to quit trying to make these feeble attempts to create new sports and just accept the fact that everyone knows is true: football is the best sport there is. Let's just say it, embrace it, and move on. Poor people . . . thought they might be able to make a better sport by taking the greatest sport ever and making the named appendage plural. It's a nice try, sports fans, but I have to tell you that it's just not going to work. Football is still the winner. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go COLTS!

Anonymous said...

No COLTS on this blog, pal!

Leah said...

That's just so like a Colts fan to be anonymous . . . kind of like you might have been last January after a particular playoff game . . . Vanderjagt anyone??? :-)

Anonymous said...

One day, while driving along, I saw a preacher.

I thought I would do a good deed, so I pulled over and asked the preacher, "Where are you going, Pastor?"

"I'm going to our service at the community church, about 2 miles down the road," replied the preacher.

"Climb in, Pastor! I'll give you a lift!"

The preacher climbed into the rear passenger seat, and we continued down the road.

Suddenly, I saw a Pittsburgh fan walking down the road, with that "P" shirt on and I instinctively swerved as if to hit him.

But, as usual, I swerved back into the road just in time. Even though I was certain that I had missed the guy, I still heard a loud "THUD." Not understanding where the noise came from, I glanced in my mirrors but still
didn't see anything. I then remembered the preacher, and turned to the preacher and said, "Sorry Pastor, I almost hit that Pittsburgh fan."

"That's OK," replied the preacher, "I got him with the door."

BTW - Vanderjagt got dumped! We've got a better kicker with Adam Vinatieri.

Standings - Colts 11-3 Steelers 7-7

Anonymous said...

Go Lions!

And I'll even sign my name to it, confirming just how blind loyalty can be:)

By the way Mike, your comment is too long for the punchline to count.

Anonymous said...

Since Brad thinks the comment about another team and the punchline are too long, I will simplify for Detroiter's to grasp.

Q. Why do the Detroit Lions want a clone?
A. So they would have somebody they could beat.

Q. How do the Detroit Lions count to 10?
A. 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 0-10

Q. What do the Detroit Lions & Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 60,000 people stand up & yell "Jesus Christ"!

Q. What do a stolen car and the Lions have in common?
A. No Title.

Q. How do you keep a Detroit Lion out of your yard?
A. Put up goal posts.

Q. Why doesn't Flint have a professional football team?
A. Because then Detroit would want one.

Q. Why was the Lion's head coach upset when the playbook was stolen?
A. Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

Q. What do the Detroit Lions and possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

GO COLTS!!

jennifer joy staab said...

go HAWKS!!!