Monday, March 3, 2008

Michigan Weekend

I had the opportunity to attend a "Women in Ministry" retreat this weekend. It was the first time Brad and I were apart for a night since we were married (*sigh*), but it was a really great opportunity. I really liked meeting a lot of new friends and learning from women who have been involved in ministry a lot longer and shorter than myself. I especially liked watching my mother-in-law in action. She was part of the planning team who coordinated the retreat and I was so proud of the way that she greeted everyone, served the teams, and manages to carry herself in such a manner of dignity and grace. It was evident that she is well respected by so many. Just another reason why I am proud to be part of the Leach family!

Brad and I celebrated the melting snow yesterday by capitalizing on what he called "perfect snowman" weather. It was a great opportunity to meet some neighbors who were out and about. The initial thought was to try and beat his former record, but after we got the base going, we were pretty tired and I suggested we build Berkley's largest Snow Turtle instead. When we put his eyes on, we thought it looked like a SnowSnail even more. So, here are some pics of Berkley's largest SnowSnail.

No comments: