Monday, September 24, 2007

Sillyville

When I was little, there was this video of Samantha's that I had to secretly love, as I was probably about 12 and way too old to publicly indulge in such childish entertainment. It was called Wee Sing in Sillyville and is a classic, poorly made children's video that is just oh, so entertaining that you can't help but watch it over and over again.

The last song, however, ironically enough, has been coming back to me quite a bit over these past few weeks. It's a simple little verse that goes:

Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold.

I guess my mind and heart has been reflecting a lot on the end of one season and the beginning of a new one in my life. Last week at this time, I got to spend a short trip in D.C. with Brad visiting my sister and brother-in-law and spending the day with two of my new friends (2 of Brad's old friends), Tony and Jamie Sebastian and their adorable little boys. How much fun to get to know brand new friends and get excited for the new friendships that God was giving me in this new season of life in which I'm entering.

This week, I just got home from the last "official" time my small group met that's been meeting in some form for the last 12-36 months! We're all in such different phases, and have had trouble meeting through the summer, but getting together tonight was like we never left. What a gift to truly enjoy fellowship at the deepest level, laughing and crying together, truly sharing in each other's burdens and celebrations in so many different seasons of life.

As I was driving home thinking about all these different things, I tried to comprehend even a brief glimpse of how incredibly overwhelming and magnificent Heaven will be. To be in the presence of our Bridegroom with our fellow brothers and sisters in perfect fellowship, truly surrounded by silver and gold . . . just like Sillyville, but probably better. :-)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Beth said...

Mary Beth said...
Nothing will compare to "Heavenville". BUt how great is GOD that he gives us our time in 'sillyville.' There is nothing like it... except maybe 'marriedville!' or even better...'sillymarriedville.'

Ok...I'll stop the silliness now.

The Sebastian's will be in the Detriot area on Sunday...at Brightmoor Christian Church. I pray it is a fruitful and blessed day for them!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.