Wednesday, August 6, 2008

COTK Team Retreat

Just got back from our COTK Team Retreat last night.  This has been a tradition since the very beginning of Church of the King, but was my first one!  Apparently it was at last year's retreat that Brad first shared with the team his "top secret" plan to propose.  It was thereafter referred to as "his cell phone plan."  How fun to see the cell phone plan now in full operation. :-)

It was a wonderful time to get to know the leadership team better and full of laughter, prayer, beating of drums at the earliest hours of the morning (band camp was also there . . . couldn't help but think of Heart of Darkness) and ultra-competitive games of Mafia.  

There were many sweet moments of prayer and bonding that I'll be building on for a while.  One of the most significant parts of the retreat for this girl, however, happened yesterday afternoon around 1:30 PM, right before we left.  Jim and Maria Zufall's card was addressed.  That was the last thank you card. :-) I am so thankful for the many gifts and blessings we received and so thankful that these are done! :-) Yay Seabiscuit.  Maybe I should treat myself to an extra carrot today? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Jim and I were you "last thank you card"... I am forever alphabetically challenged "Z" - to make it worse "Zu..". - Poor Aaron! He's doomed!