Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick Updates

I have a few things jingling around in my head to write about, but for a quick update on some things . . .
  • NFL Draft this weekend.  Big time stuff especially here in Detroit.  Everyone's hopes soar yet again thinking, "This could be the year!!!"  My favorite part has been watching the faces and reading the articles of the many Detroiters as they heard the name of the Lions' top choice.  "Gosder who?!?" seems to be the most common theme.  I hope he revolutionizes the team and shows everyone this is a new time for the Lions.  
  • I also managed to catch an interview on ESPN with Mike Tomlin.  It felt like someone just gave me a pitcher of cold water to drink after I'd be wandering around in a desert wasteland for a few months.  Unlike Pittsburgh, Detroit news does not manage to work in some story about the Steelers into every broadcast regardless of what time of the year it is.  Crazy, I know.  How I missed hearing about my Steelers. :-)
  • Samantha, my sister, is graduating in a few weeks and had an opportunity to sing in a coffee house at the college as somewhat of a "last hurrah."  My mom uploaded the videos to You Tube and I'm attaching the two links here and here.  She sang 4 songs for a total of about 15 minutes (2 songs on each video) and I just have to say, "Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!!!"  I'm a bit biased, I know, but they truly are amazing.  I think she does "Dream a Little Dream" better than Mama Cass (sans hambone) and I'm pretty sure Judy Garland turned over in her grave wishing she could have sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" like Samantha.  If you've got some time, I highly recommend the listen.
Springtime in Michigan is super pretty and really fun.  I love the start of a new season!

4 comments:

The Hedden Family said...

That was some really great singing! I loved "Dream a Little Dream." What is Samantha planning to do after graduation?

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet moses!!! Samantha was OUTSTANDING!!!! I seriously had goosebumps and tears in my eyes when I got to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." God has blessed her with a gift beyond words! You should be so proud! I miss you so much and I am glad you are enjoying your spring.

Mary Beth said...

What a gifted young lady. When she is famous, I can say, "She's the sister of my friend. I MET her in person... and heard her sing at the wedding."

Tracey said...

Goodnight! That girl can sing. I only wish I could sing as well as I sing in the shower and my car.