Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's Here!

So I thought I'd take a few moments this morning to discuss my feelings about the upcoming Pakistani elections.

Just kidding.

Not to minimize the elections, but I guess my mind is a little otherwise preoccupied. :-)

These past few days have been such a delightful time. In one sense, it's been so surreal. To be finally doing this myself, and stand in the middle of the bridal party line-up . . . wow. Crazy.

On the other hand, it's just felt so comfortable, so right. I truly have such a sense of peace and joy. Crazy, sick, delirious joy. :-)

Last night, driving home from the rehearsal dinner, I finally looked back and thought, "Wow. This went by so quickly." I never thought I'd say that, but now, at the finish line of this engagement season, I feel as if it truly did. And God has been so faithful. This journey of singleness over the past few years was certainly one that I would not have chosen, but I can truly say that I'm so happy that God did. It has changed me into the woman that was to be Brad's wife. And I know I have so much more to learn and continue to grow, but I trust that the Father who brought me thus far will continue to lead us ahead.

It has been such a blessing to be surrounded with so many family and friends who have traveled near and far to be a part of this day. It truly is so overwhelming and I'm trying so soak up every minute of it.

This will be my last post until we say, "Aloha" again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case I don't get the chance to communicate this at the wedding/reception, I want you to know how proud I am of you! You are such a wonderful women of God. Your love and dedication to God has been a huge part of your life and is always visible on your face. I want to wish you many many years of wedding bliss! You and Brad are going to do GREAT things for God as a team. I can't wait to see what God does through you both in several years - it will be ASTOUNDING! I love you Leah!

greg krowitz said...

Congrats to you & Brad! Francie & i are so happy for you. We did attend the cermony, it was incrediable, the best yet! So sorry we were'nt able to congradulate you afterwards personally. We are preparing this evening for BridgePoints 4th preview service tommorrow so we had to leave. Congradulations again.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss you!

Stevie V said...

Leah-everything was so beautiful on Saturday-I love the way you look at my pastor! Have fun in the Aloha state, and PLEASE hold on to Brad's wallet! Love, Jennifer V.

Mary Beth said...

The wedding was unbelievable. Brianna said, "That was the funnest wedding I have ever been to."

We love you. Hope Hawaii is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Leah,

Our family had other family obligations and we were not able to share in the joy of your wedding day. My daughters, Lonna and Eden, would have loved to have been there for sure!

Anyway, I know that we do not know one another well, but I want to extend a warm wish of CONGRATULATIONS to both you and Brad on your marriage. I pray the day was everything you ever imagined, and more importantly I pray that your life together is full of many, many blessings!

I'll be checking back here on the blog...Ihope you'll post some cute wedding photos. The girls will love seeing you dressed "as a princess", as they no doubt will describe you.

And best wishes in Detroit. you will certainly be missed at North Way Kidz!

Love & Prayers from,
Monica Anderson & family