Friday, November 9, 2007

How 'Bout dem Lions?!?

So, it's about time that I addressed the phenomenon known as the 2007 Detroit Lions. With a 6-2 record, it's certainly creating a buzz even outside the Motor City. A few things to note . . .
  • I feel as if I can safely add the Lions to my cheer list, as they are in an entirely different conference as my beloved Steelers. 95% of the time, I can cheer for both. The remaining 5% of the time, my blood still runs black and gold.
  • I would like to take personal credit for this year. I think Kitna knew that if a Steelers fan was willing to add them to their repetoire, he needed to kick it up a notch. :-)
  • My dad predicted that the Lions would win 10 games before the season ever began. He has a weird sense of knowing with these things . . .
  • Brad was introducing me to Detroit sports radio on Monday. The best analogy that I can use to describe what I heard was that the city was like someone who's just come out of a bad relationship and they're afraid to trust anyone again. The callers refused to acknowledge the possibility of "the P-- word," hesitant to raise any hopes and "jinx" what is happening.

It's okay, dear Lions fans. It's a new year. A new season. Dream high.

No comments: