Tuesday, February 6, 2007

10001

Well, the big day was yesterday and I have to say that being 9,999 and the lovely palindrome age of 10,001 is almost as much fun as 10,000. What a fun day it was.

I first have to say that I'm terribly sorry for everyone else because I'm fully convinced that I have the best family in the world. :-)
You can see in the picture how they totally supported my eccentric celebrations with a 10,000 shirt ("X" w/ a bar over it is 10,000 in Roman numerals), a print out of Pi to the 10,000th place, $10,000 in Rwandan Francs, a picture of 10,000 galaxies from the Hubble telescope, and 10,000 kernels of unpopped and popped corn (Maggie and my coworkers helped me eat it).
I have to say that I was recognizing today that I think one of the greatest gifts that my parents gave to my sisters and I was a home environment that supported and fostered creativity. I think that a lot of my creative thinking today is due to the fact that I was able to grow up in a home that allowed room to try and fail and try again. I am so thankful for that opportunity.

Later that night my small group and I went out for Mexican food to celebrate at a great new restaurant called Azul.

In case you're curious, here are two websites including the 10,000 day official website (also known as TK Day) and the definition of TK Day in the urban dictionary.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Don't you mean that Mom and Dad gave you 10,000 Rwandan francs, not $10,000 in Rwandan francs? If not, then I'd like to cash in on my 9212th day today, regardless of what currency it's in!

Anonymous said...

yes, ashley... rest assured it was 10,000 Rwandan francs... exchange value is $18.21 USD.

Fair is not always equal.

kim said...

Dude...Leah...I missed it! Sorry:( Happy 10000th day! Hmmm. I guess we're only a couple weeks apart huh? Yet another connection. I was born on one side of PA and two weeks later , all the way on the other side, you were born! :)