Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Writer's Block

So, I haven't posted in a few days, and honestly this is the very reason why I was ever hesitant to start a blog in the first place . . . pressure.

Ok, so I know what you're thinking. "Get a hold of yourself Edwards. This is a blog. And more than that, this is your blog, the blog of a twenty-something girl in Gibsonia, PA that just began not even a week ago," (and honestly who else besides family members is reading it?). I totally joined your train of thought until a few days ago. Then, I "met" Lorna. Everything changed.

Who is Lorna you ask? Lorna is my new blogging friend from Finland. Yes, Finland. She was kind enough to post a comment on Monday and quite honestly, I was flabberghasted. How in the world does a woman half-way across the world hear and read about my little blog in Gibsonia, PA?!? And if Lorna is reading this little blog, what other Scandinavian bloggers are reading? And if Scandinavia is now reading, what about Balkan bloggers or the South East Asian constituency? And once we've gone over to Asia, it's only a hop, skip, and a jump to Oceania and before I know it, I've created a web of six degrees of people that span the globe who may or may not be reading this blog and all I can think to write about is how it was unusually warm today and how I've never seen a fjord and how our top news story in Pittsburgh was the death of Jerome Bettis' father (and as much as we all care for the Bettis family, and any Steeler news in general, why would a Blogger in Phuket), which results in long, run-on, stream-of-consciousness sentences that say nothing and result in . . . pressure.

(In case you haven't noticed, I can tend to be a bit prone to analytic hyperbole, allowing myself to create situations that may or may not really exist, but forcing myself to live and figure out solutions to those problems as if they were the most pressing issues known to man.)

All this to say: Lorna, thank you for posting a comment and opening my eyes once again to how big this world is and how big our God is to not only place us all together in His family but to intimately know each of us as if we were the only ones that existed. Happy birthday and I'm sorry that my profundity today is sadly lacking. And to whomever else may be reading this simple little blog (all six of you), thanks for your patience and support as I blindly move leeward in Gibsonia. :-)

No comments: