Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Game Six

So since I have moved to Detroit, the Pens have now played the Red Wings TWICE in the Stanley Cup Finals.  Who would've ever guessed?

Last year, Brad and I had only been married about 6 months (see picture) when the revolutionary event happened and Brad learned what he has declared to be a very important lesson.  Never bet with your wife.  As he puts it, if you lose, you lose.  And if you win, you still lose. :-)

This year, we have no official friendly wagers on the game, but there is still the marital rivalry going on.  I like to think, however, that my fan base has doubled since last year making it even more fun to cheer on the Pens.  Whereas it was just me and my mother-in-law last year (she felt so sorry for me being all alone), this year we have added Samantha (my sister) and Gabby (I have declared that at least while she is still a part of me, she is a Penguins fan.  I swear she kicks whenever they score!).  There have even been a few people at church who have stood up with me.

So, as we venture into Game 6 tonight, I'm confident that we'll see how Hockeytown handles another win for the Pens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabby is not yet to the AOHA (Age of Hockey Accountability). She does not have the mental capacity to decide which team to support.

Go Wings!

Unknown said...

LOL aww come on Brad. I am a big Red Wings fan but I have to agree with Leah on this SINCE she is in Leah's tummy right now that makes Gabriella a Penguins fa...sorry thats hard to say...it makes Gabriella a Penguins Fan BUT the day she is born and can talk THEN...well then she can be a Penguins fan AND a Red Wings fan just like she will always be a Mommy fan and a Daddy fan:D

Love,
Sarah