Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Almost there!

Well, the official 9 month mark (36 weeks) has come and gone.  This Friday, I will move to 38 weeks!  Here are a few musings on this last stretch of the pregnancy adventure.
  • I've been amazed watching the transition of my fingers and feet over the last week or so.  I think they resemble the Michelin man, or perhaps Princess Fiona from Shrek.  I'm assuming that they will go down again after the baby is born?  I would like to wear my wedding ring again soon. :-)
  • Over the last month or so, my belly button has completely popped.  It kind of makes me feel like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I think she is just about done cooking. :-)
  • And speaking of birds . . . I have a whole new understanding about the term "nesting."  I believe that I had avoided it until Brad graduated and we could both really focus on getting physically ready for Gabby.  Once we started, it was difficult for me to stop.  I found myself doing very strange things like waking up at 5 AM unable to go back to sleep because of an irresistible desire to wash all the baby clothes and sheets.  Brad has been so patient, supportive, and creative throughout this project and I'm so thankful for all he has done to get the "nest" ready.  Mama Bird is very happy. :-)  I've included some pics in case you're interested.
  • We traded in my Honda Civic for a family-friendly car.  We weren't quite ready to enter the era of the mini-van so we went with a nice crossover, the Ford Edge.  It even has a red racing stripe on it which makes us still feel not quite old.  The car seat is installed and ready to go!
All we need now is Baby bird!  We are so eager to meet her and yet at the same time, it's pretty surreal to think that in about 2 weeks, we'll actually have a baby with us.  What a gift from God and we're certainly going to need His help to understand the "instruction manual" with this little girl. :-) Thanks for all your prayers!

6 comments:

Amy Amersons said...

leah & brad, can't wait to see pics of your baby... she is sure to be gorgeous!

leah, praying for you in your final days of pregnancy that you are feeling well and prepared in every way. you are going to make a SUPER mama!

amy

Anonymous said...

whoa! is that the office? well...the former office? i love it and i need to come see it...and your popped belly!

TN Bakers said...

Oh the nusery is so adorable!!! I love the polka dot walls - how creative! since the family is on a roll with having girls, maybe we'll be joining the ranks of having a daughter, too. We'll find out on tuesday so check our blog if you are not in the hospital having the baby!

jennifer joy staab said...

wow!! she's almost here!!

Anonymous said...

Ok your lame friend Jen is crying again thinking about Gabby coming and seeing the pictures of the nursery was so surreal. I am overwhelmed with happiness for you and Brad and I can't believe I am going to meet your precious daughter in a couple weeks! Take some last min pictures of yourself for me even if you don't post them. Love you!!!

Mary Beth said...

I LOVE the nursery. So cute! AND how awesome that Gabby will have 2 little girl cousins around the same age... Betsy's and Amy's.

FUN!