Friday, April 3, 2009

The Quest Continues . . .

So each Easter, my quest to find the ultimate jelly bean continues.  It started at a very young age, as I can remember my dad sitting me in a vat of jellybeans at our candy factory that completely covered all of me except my head.  Pretty much a dream come true. :-)

Since then, I've gone the more commercial route and for a few years Starburst jellybeans had taken the lead.  Great flavor and I like the texture of the harder shell w/ a chewy inside.

Last year, Nerds jellybeans made a surprising jump to the top of my list as I really liked the flavor and texture combination with the bumpy & sugary outer shell even more than the Starburst.  These seem to be a bit harder to find, however.

So, last night I tried Sweet Tarts jellybeans (so new that I couldn't find a picture).  The verdict is still out on these.  They have definitely captured the Sweet Tart flavor in the jellybeans to a key.  I enjoy them, and would put them in my top 5, but probably not as #1.  

Any other votes out there for the rank of "Top Bean?"

2 comments:

Sandy Weiss said...

I am a jellybean purist. . . only Brach's Jelly Eggs for me. One of my favorite little girl memories was how much Amanda loved what she called "jelby-jeans" on her second Easter. . . adorable!

Unknown said...

I have to admit...Jelly Belly's were my favorite until last weekend. I had to pull an all-nighter during our youth retreat and found a stash of Starburst Jelly Beans on someone desk in the church office. They were the only thing that help me stay awake in order to complete the project for the retreat. Now Starburst Jelly Beans are my new found favorite! :)