Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream

I realize I'm a little behind the rest of the world on this one, but my sister sent me a link to this You Tube video of Susan Boyle, a 47 year-old, unemployed, single woman who lives with her cat and has never been kissed.  She recently auditioned on Britain's huge talent show, "Britain's Got Talent."  If you haven't seen it, you must check it out here.  When I watched it this morning, it had over 12,000,000 hits since it was first posted on Saturday.  Tonight it has close to 15,000,000.

I seriously got tears in my eyes when I first watched this and I've been thinking about it all day.  It's made me think twice about why it had such an impact on me.  More than anything, I think it's such a powerful picture of someone pursuing and seeing a dream fulfilled.  Obviously, I have no idea about what kind of relationship this woman has with Jesus, but it spoke to my heart that it is never too late or impossible to have God fulfill the dreams He has placed on our hearts.  And when He does do that, it can't help but bring joy to the people with whom we come in contact.  I don't think I've ever seen Simon Cowell smile like he does in this clip.  

Enjoy the video if you haven't already seen it and continue to dream and pursue the dreams that God has placed in your heart! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,

What a wonderful link. I had seen news flashes etc about her, but I hadn't actually seen the clip. It was amazing. Thanks for sharing. And good luck with your little bundle of joy! =)

Kelly (McKnight) Powell

Leah said...

So great to hear from you, Kelly! How are you doing these days? Where are you now? I'd love to hear more. :-) Thanks for your encouragement, too. :-)

Envelope Printing said...

I've watched her video I think a dozen times already :) She really sings wonderfully. I love it that she doesn't even seem to really comprehend how good she is!