Monday, July 23, 2007

Return to Normal

So did you ever have one of those seasons of incredible intensity where you lose all sense of balance and "normalcy" in an effort to just survive? In the weeks before Kidz GiG, I found myself not taking days off and working 12-16 hour days more often than not. I got used to 2-6 hours of sleep a night and somehow found myself arriving at work by 5:30-6:30 AM on more than one occasion. Clearly, this is not a healthy lifestyle to pursue on so many levels and an argument could certainly be made that I shouldn't even embrace it for a season.

Getting back into a more healthy and Sabbath honoring lifestyle has certainly been an adjustment. I'm finding myself sleeping ridiculously long amounts of time (10+ hours), and once again having significant amounts of time to think, write, and pray. It's got me realizing again that learning to live in a God-honoring way in the midst of all these seasons is certainly a desire of mine. Any suggestions on some of the things that you've learned in the midst of similar types of seasons?

No comments: