Friday, July 31, 2009

Still Alive!

Someone told me about a week into mommyhood that it is "The hardest job you'll ever love." I can't think of something more appropriate to describe the last 5 weeks. It is by far the hardest job I have ever done. Being a mom quite literally beats the selfishness out of you. I had no idea how selfish of a person I was until I saw how much my life had centered around me pre-Gabby. I guess some of that is normal, but truly, having this little life has so dramatically shown me what it means to put another before yourself.

I don't know if there's any way that I can ever show enough appreciation for my mom. Every day should be Mother's Day. :-)

Truly, though, it is pretty amazing. Sometimes I just stare at Gabby in awe that God created this little life completely unique to the world as we know it. I wonder what she will continue to be like as she gets older.

And it's been really cool to see how it has taken the relationship that Brad and I have to an entirely new level. I really think one of my favorite parts of having Gabby is watching him interact with her. He's an amazing dad.

I'm afraid that my window of time when I have two hands free to type is quickly closing. I will try and post some new pics and will try and update them on Facebook, too. For those of you that have sent an e-mail/voice mail, I am so sorry if I haven't talked to you yet. I so appreciate all the love and prayers and couldn't make it without them!





No comments: