Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Heart Family

Well, it's been a little over a week since I've been a Michigan resident and I can now say that in that time I've experienced nearly all forms of weather and/or precipitation. I think sleet and freezing rain felt a little left out, so last night they decided to show up to welcome me to Detroit. Wasn't that nice of them? :-) Good thing I've never minded winter too much.

Whenever we were little, my mom made us a doll house that looked just like our real house. We had these dolls called the Heart Family featuring Mr. and Mrs. Heart, one cute little girl, and a rather effeminate little boy with a very flamboyant hairdo. Ashley and I would play dolls, taking turns who would get to be the cute little girl (actually, I somehow always managed to be the little girl and Ashley had to be the boy/girl) and we would enjoy pretending with the Heart Family.

This last week, I kinda felt like I was playing Heart Family.

Except this time I was Mrs. Heart.

Weird.
Really fun. But weird.

I like playing Mrs. Heart. I like figuring out this new normal. And I love being Mrs. Leach. She has a great husband. :-)

5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I know your husband is proud to be in the Heart family and ecstatic that you are now HIS Mrs. Leach!

Welcome to Michigan! We are so glad you are here.

Tracey said...

Hi Leah,

I am a friend of Ashley's from Virginia. Nate and Ashley used to be in our small group and we love them dearly.

Anyway, I just started a blog several weeks ago and Ash told me about yours. I have been stalking your blog ever since anxiously awaiting your first post as Mrs. Leach. I loved seeing your honeymoon collage and can't wait to hear more from you.

Many blessings to you guys and don't let anyone tell you the honeymoon has to end. Ever.

p.s. I was born in Dearborn, MI! So welcome to my birthplace, I hope you settle in quickly Mrs. Heart, I mean Leach.

Tracey

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't it so exciting. Speaking from experience you will always be "figuring it out" but I like to think of it as the exciting part of the adventure. Blessings to you!!! Crystal

Anonymous said...

Wow. After seeing that little boy, I'd just like to say that if we have sons, I will dress them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah! I have been waiting and waiting for this! Becky remembers that the Heart Family was on TV too! I know you are enjoying your new normal. Do you miss us? I am sooo happy for you. Loe ya, Bonnie