Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Am I Dreaming?!?

I've had to ask myself this question several times over the past few days. In the biggest whirlwind of a weekend that has turned out to be the best weekend of my life, I now have the delight of having the best fiance in the whole world. :-)

Yep, I got engaged. Brad Leach asked and I said, "Yes!"

Since Brad is doing extensive feature articles on the actual details and process of the engagement, I thought I'd take a few posts and rewind and recap some of the story of how we got here. It's a good story written by a Good Author. Jane Austen's got nothing on Him. :-)

Almost a year ago I went to a Saturday Night Service at Allison Park Church (the wonderful church where I grew up) and I had the opportunity to talk to Pastor Jeff Leake and Melodie afterwards. Pastor Jeff was telling me about his latest trip to Michigan where he met with a pastor friend of his, a guy who had planted a church 5 years ago, planted another in the meantime and . . . was 27 years old. Jeff called him his hero. :-) I was perplexed at what kind of person this could be and as I was pondering this further, I could see the wheels in Jeff's head turning too. He looked at his wife, Melodie and asked, "Hey?!? Don't you think it would be great for Leah and Brad Leach to meet? They'd be great together . . ."

Before he could extrapolate much further, I had to interrupt him. I didn't even have a chance to tell him I'm not interested in set-ups because I couldn't get past the even bigger "red flag" that was already present.

"Do you REALLY want me to meet someone and risk becoming Leah Leach?!?" I asked incredulously. Clearly this is NOT something that God would ordain.

I was just curious enough to check out his blog that night, however, doing so with at least 10 different reasons why this guy HAS to be a weirdo. My first concern was quickly quieted when I saw his picture . . . he certainly didn't look like a weirdo. In fact, I had to admit that he was pretty cute . . . ok, really cute. And when I actually visited the blog and saw that he was funny and profound and liked football (including pictures of the Steelers at the Super Bowl!). . . well, my interest was piqued.

So this post doesn't last obnoxiously long . . . I'll continue the epic tale tomorrow. :-)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Leah, We are SOOOOO excited for you and Brad. We don't know Brad but knowing what a great person you are tells us something about him- he must be very smart!!!Congrats- we love you both!!
Pastor Greg and Francie Krowitz

Anonymous said...

Rob and I are so happy for you guys. I'm so excited to be gaining another sister!

Kevin said...

So exciting! You only deserve the best, and I am sure that is the kind of guy Brad is. I will be praying for you two. Look forward to meeting him sometime!

Anonymous said...

Leah, this is just so exciting! I'm so happy for you.

jennifer joy staab said...

FINALLY!...

are you going to give me ANY credit for bringing you two together.

HA HA....

has he seen the watermelon video? maybe you shouldn't show him that until after the wedding...

seriously though, this is awesome news!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats from your long lost classmate... wow, Leah! He sounds great, and I'm stoked for you guys!

Paul Bruno

Anonymous said...

What's up with ya'll and the cliff hangers! It's killing me! ;o) Well, just wanted to say CONGRATS!!

kim said...

Oh Leah...two days after checkin' out the ring, I'm still giggly:) It's brought many a smile to rough day. I'm ecstatic that we get to have you here! You and Brad are seamless together. (seriously, to everyone else, you've gotta get their sermon from CotK on Sunday!)

Anonymous said...

Leah-I'm so happy that someone finally snatched up our hottie pastor! (Trust me,have you ever seen him wear his baseball hat backwards?!) I sure hope you love Starbucks! Jennifer V. (we met on Cruise Outreach night!)

Mary Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Beth said...

In a sing-songy voice: "Leah's gettin married! Leah's getting married!"

Brianna's prayers were finally answered after praying diligently for 2.5 years...EVERY NIGHT... for "Brad to find a wife...the perfect wife that GOD wants him to have!"

We are SOOOO excited that you will soon be close by!

We want to see the RING!!! We have heard it described in detail...but we want to lay eyes on it! Are you suddenly greeting people with your left hand extended in a princess like fashion???

Leah said...

I don't know how that comment got deleted or whose it was. I apologize if it was yours. Please post again if you like!

reaching out with hope said...

Leah, Brad is awesome from what I hear from pastor Jeff, congrats!!! I have Known your family a long time!! you deserve nothing but the best!! God knew what was BEST!!!
for you!!
Karin H. olson

ps your mom and dad are dear friends of mine!!!

Anonymous said...

Leah,
I am very happy for you. God has shown Himself faithful to you by bringing you this man at this time. I enjoyed speaking with your Mom and sister at a bridal shower about your current "status" and they joyfully shared the news. It is easy to understand why he fell in love with you so quickly - you are a sweet,funny girl. I am sure you have shared our El Savador memories with him, but if you haven't gotten to that yet you have some good laughs ahead. Sincerely, Jami (Gianechini) Ryan