Monday, March 5, 2007

Peter Pan Moment

I had such a weird moment the other day. I was listening to the news and they were talking about the enormous stock market crash that happened in an afternoon. "NASDAQ blah blah blah DOW Jones blah blah blah Chinese Market blah blah blah." I really didn't care about anything to do with this story nor did I find it to be at all interesting like those other "big people" stories.

Then they made the statement, "A lot of people lost a lot of money today," and this thought occurred to me. "Hey! I'm one of those people! I should listen and at least try and pay attention." I'm not sure when I officially became a grown up, but I always assumed that the transition would bring with it an increased appetite for these grown up things. What would Peter Pan have to say about that?

No comments: