Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Pi Day

Yep. It's March 14. That's 3.14 and as all good math students know that would be "Pi Day." (It's nice that I've finally embraced my nerdom in later years . . . very freeing.) My brother-in-law and sister sent me an e-mail earlier this week that resonated with my ongoing reoccurring dream... nightmare... that I've had probably since Kindergarten (I arrive to class and they're passing out a test that I didn't even know was being given and I haven't studied . . . Normal, huh?).

The subject line was "We've all been frustrated in exams," and then there was simply attachments of pictures from exams of students who may not have been having their greatest math moments, but their creativity, well, I'll let you decide. I'll include some of my favorites. :-) Pay attention to the directions to each problem. Click on the image if you need it to be bigger.















4 comments:

deana said...

leah, these are GREAT. i'm LVMOLAMD (laughing very much out loud at my desk)

kim said...

A few things:
1. I love the Noggin story
2. I'm going to plan a trip to Pitt to see Em on another weekend...we ended up having a church leadership thing this Saturday that I really want to be at. I'll be sure to try to connect with you when I do come. It'd be cool to meet.
3. Happy Pi Day!

Anonymous said...

leah, what are you doing blogging at 2:47am?? you are a nut!

jennifer joy staab said...

thanks leah, for making me smile.