Monday, March 2, 2009

6 Months!!

For those of you who wanted to keep up with baby progress and pictures (Jen A.) :-) . . . Here you go! (I wore the same outfit so you could compare.)
  • I forgot to post that we picked a name.  (Sorry!!!)  We ruled out Robin, Ima, and Ura (say them all with our last name) and instead selected the name Gabriella Faith.  Gabriella means "God is my Strength" and it's been a great starting point for a lot of my specific prayers for her.  I'm praying that she would be a woman of faith who finds her strength in God.  The nicknames are numerous and I'm sure we'll use Gabby, Brie, Ella, and/or Bella.
  • I feel like sometime shortly after the 5 month mark I became "suddenly pregnant."  My head knew that I was pregnant, but it was like my body suddenly caught up with the fact.  I swear that I triple in size each day (at least it feels like that).  Sometimes I'll come down in the morning and brush my teeth and start to talk to Gabby insisting that she was not that big when I went to bed the night before.  Just to confirm my suspicions, one day at school one of my girls came up to me and said, "I saw you yesterday and you were not that big yesterday."  Another boy told me that I was getting kind of plump.  I wanted to go into a lengthy explanation of why he should never use that adjective when talking to a girl, but instead I politely smiled and lamented about it later to my husband.
  • My girl is an acrobat!  She is VERY active, finding points throughout the day (usually right before I want to go to sleep) when I'm pretty sure she's working on a routine for the 2024 Olympics.  It's pretty cool to realize she's in there and still a little surreal to think that I have 2 little feet inside of me.
That's the latest on the baby front for those of you who wanted to know. :-) Thanks for all your prayers throughout this entire season!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

you look so cute! so excited for you. and i hope Gabriella has sisters too! I missed out on that fun part of life.

Isn't it fun to finally 'show' though????

Unknown said...

So excited, and you are so cute!
I remember waking up, especially with Cooper, feeling like I had grown overnight! It's crazy, but a neat feeling as well. You wear it well :)

Anonymous said...

That's right sister, keep 'em coming! You look gorgeous! I love and miss you! Tell baby Bella I love her too!!!