Monday, October 29, 2007

The Beginning of the End

Remember that old commercial where it had the guy doing a voice over saying,

"This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?"

And then you'd just hear the sizzling of a fried egg as it put up a "Just Say No" campaign sign?

That's the picture I thought of around 4:15 PM today. It was around 4:15 PM that by the grace of God I turned in my comprehensive exam, with 45 minutes to spare, might I add. My brain is fried. I can hear the sizzle.

I had originally planned to travel to Detroit this past weekend to spend time with Brad, but ended up making the tough call to stay at home to finish my paper. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have finished as I get easily distracted when Brad's around. :-) I'm so grateful that I have such an understanding fiance who is so supportive of my dreams. He's prayed for me and encouraged me through these past few weeks that have been especially intense, and I'm sure I couldn't have done it without him.

Even though I still have the remainder of the semester to complete, and my assignments are far from over, for me, for the first time, it feels like the beginning of the end. The end of this season, that is.

And you know what? That feels good. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I know that exam was weighing on you. So glad it is behind you now!!

Anonymous said...

Leah! You survived too! Yeah, I think I beat you, but not by much... I turned mine in at 3:45 pm EST...

Congrats! We're almost done!