Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Engaged . . . Kind of

So, like I mentioned in my last post, this was the way I wanted to go about discussing this new adventure.  I can't help but feel like I'm engaged once again, this time engaged to be a Mommy instead of a wife.

They both are one of the few, unique seasons in life that you know how when they will begin and end (roughly).  And, much of the time is spent wrapped up in preparations to get ready for the big event and finding oneself wishing it were just here already.

I remember making a conscious effort, however, when I was engaged, to really try and enjoy the season for what it was, recognizing that there wouldn't be another time in my life when I would be able to have that season.  I definitely had my moments during my engagement, but I can honestly say that it was a truly special time and I can see so much merit to how much Brad and I grew together as God prepared us for the next season in our lives.

And so now, I am once again trying to do the same.  It's a little bit harder to fully appreciate when you're experiencing "happy sickness" and sleepless nights, but I recognize that my sickness represents life.  And it's a not-so-subtle reminder to me that even though it seems like nothing is different on the outside, God is doing an amazing miracle on the inside, the fruit of which will soon be evident for others to see . . . literally. :-)

So, I happily continue in my mommy engagement (maybe I should get a new ring? :-) ) and ask God to form a new work in my life, inside and out.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Congradulations!!! Yeah for baby Leach! =)